Common Law Aptitude Test (CLAT) is scheduled to be held all across India. CLAT will be an online exam and would be organized by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
It is an all India entrance examination conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programs (LL.B. & LL.M.). The 17 participating NLUs in the order of their establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- The TamilNadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Online Application Forms are available from January 01, 2016 and the last date of submission of these forms is March 31, 2016.
For the Five-Year Integrated LL.B. Program, the following essential criterion are necessary:
(i) Qualification: Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with no less than 45% marks (40% incase of SC/ST candidates) at the time of admission. Those appearing for the qualifying examination in March/April 2016 are also eligible to apply.
(ii) Age Limit: No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2016
Fee for Online Application Form:
The online application form is available for Rs. 4000 for all candidates and is available for Rs. 3500 for SC/ST candidates.
For further details, visit www.clat.ac.in